FirstLight is seeking a Customer Service Specialist to join our growing team! Customer Service at Firstlight is a progressive work group providing many services to internal and external customers including; billing, LNP, directory, phone/email/chat support, provisioning, repair, contract renewals, reporting and other duties as assigned. Customer Service at Firstlight is closely aligned with Sales and Operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for providing customer service for all customer in all business units.
- Carrier Services component of the Customer Service Department to include:
- Local Number Portability
- 911 Service
- Toll Free
- Type II and Off Net Copper
- Network Trunk Augmentation and Network Grooming
- Develop and maintain relationships with sales to include; account managers, sales coordinators and sales leaders.
- Manage customer contract renewals within an incentive and performance based program.
- Customer billing an Ad-Hoc repair billing.
- Sales/Transitions and other revenue generating activities within the department.
- Provisioning within Voice and Internet delivery platforms as required.
- Assist technicians with material and scheduling support.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, and SKILLS:
- Strong communication skills. Must be able to balance multiple, complex and time sensitive duties all at the same time.
- Experience in handling challenging interpersonal situations using flexibility to create positive change.
- Strong face to face, written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience diffusing difficult customer situations.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma and minimum of 2 years relevant experience in a CLEC environment.
- Associates Degree and 4 years’ experience in a CLEC environment preferred.
We offer a competitive base salary as well as an outstanding benefits package including health, dental, vision, and life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, paid training, and paid time off.
FirstLight Fiber is a fast-growing telecommunications company in Northern New England and New York, offering a robust suite of advanced telecommunications services, including dedicated Internet access, Metro Ethernet, traditional TDM solutions, IaaS & SaaS Cloud Solutions, SIP trunks, virtual PBX, and Data Center Colocation.
FirstLight Fiber is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with state and federal laws, FirstLight’s equal opportunity policy is that all applicants and employees are treated equally by the company with respect to employment opportunities, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or veteran disability.