FirstLight is seeking an experienced and success-oriented Enterprise Account Executive interested in taking their career to new heights. This position offers excellent benefits, competitive base salary, uncapped commission plan, and the flexibility to work remotely from home in Westchester County.
FirstLight, headquartered in Albany, NY, provides fiber optic data, voice, and high-speed Internet services to enterprise, carrier and wholesale customers in New York and Northern New England utilizing its own fiber optic network. FirstLight offers a robust suite of advanced telecommunications services, including dedicated Internet access, Metro Ethernet, traditional TDM solutions, SIP trunks, virtual PBX and Data Center Colocation.
Account Executives are expected to cultivate existing and new relationships in order to identify, develop and close new revenue opportunities on behalf of FirstLight.
Job requirements include (but are not limited to):
- This position is focused on promoting FirstLight’s complete line of fiber-based services to large-sized enterprises located throughout Westchester County, New York.
- Establish and develop relationships with influencers and decision makers in large-sized corporations and vertical market segments to generate new sales.
- Successfully conduct customer needs assessments; identify suitable solutions based on those needs; develop, present and follow up on written proposals.
- Act as a liaison between the customer and FirstLight engineering and technical operations personnel and contractors during the design, construction and installation process.
- Structure activities to consistently achieve or exceed assigned revenue and retention targets.
- Consistent cold calling and existing account engagement with a meaningful volume of in-person appointments per week that lead to enough opportunities necessary to meet quota.
- Process contracts and sales orders for new or upgraded services.
Job Qualifications & Preferences
- 5-10 years of successful sales experience in a telecom or ISP environment managing large-sized business customers, specifically sales to business customers in Westchester County, NY.
- Solid track record of exceeding assigned sales quotas.
- Ability to successfully prospect within the existing assigned account base as well as the ability to target new accounts to acquire is required.
- Strong knowledge of telecommunication industry and terminology.
- Experienced in creating and presenting compelling sales proposals to “C” level decision makers that incorporate FirstLight’s value proposition and are tailored to the prospects’ needs.
- Willingness to represent FirstLight at networking events, tradeshows and activities.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Experience with Sugar CRM software a plus.
- A self-starter driven to achieve revenue targets.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Strong customer orientation.
- Good problem-solving skills, positive and results oriented attitude.
- Familiarity with new and emerging telecommunications technology, including but not limited to fiber optics, Ethernet, virtual PBX, software as a service (SAS) with a willingness to learn new skills and technologies quickly.
- Highly proactive and accountable.
- Team player.
We offer a competitive base salary and a generous commission plan as well as an outstanding benefits package including health, dental, vision, and life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, 401(k) with company match, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, paid training, and paid holidays and vacation.
If you think you’re a great fit for this position you may send your resume to email@example.com or:
Human Resources Department
41 State St, 10th Floor
Albany, NY 12207
FirstLight Fiber is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with state and federal laws, FirstLight’s equal opportunity policy is that all applicants and employees are treated equally by the company with respect to employment opportunities, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or veteran disability.