FirstLight is seeking an experienced and success oriented Enterprise Account Executive interested in taking their career to new heights. FirstLight, headquartered in Albany, NY, provides fiber optic data, voice, and high-speed Internet services to enterprise, carrier and wholesale customers in Upstate New York and Northern New England utilizing its own fiber optic network. FirstLight offers a robust suite of advanced telecommunications services, including dedicated Internet access, Metro Ethernet, traditional TDM solutions, SIP trunks, virtual PBX and Data Center Colocation.
Account Executives are expected to cultivate existing and new relationships in order to develop and close new revenue opportunities on behalf of FirstLight.
Job requirements include (but are not limited to):
- Identify and close sales with new customers in the assigned territory.
- Consistent cold calling and prospect engagement with meaningful volume of in-person appointments per week which leads to successfully achieving the assigned revenue targets.
- Successfully conduct customer telecommunications needs assessments; identify suitable solutions based on those needs; develop, present and follow up on written proposals.
- Act as a liaison between the customer and FirstLight personnel and contractors during the design, construction and installation process.
- Process contracts and sales orders for new or upgraded services.
Job Qualifications & Preferences
- 2-5 years of successful sales experience in a telecom or ISP environment including cold calling and prospecting.
- Working knowledge of telecommunication industry and terminology.
- Proven track record of success in exceeding assigned sales quotas.
- Experienced in creating and presenting compelling written sales proposals to decision makers.
- Willingness to represent FirstLight at networking events, tradeshows and activities.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Experience with Sugar CRM software a plus.
- A self starter driven to achieve revenue targets primarily through cold calling.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong customer orientation.
- Good problem-solving skills, positive and results oriented attitude.
- Familiarity with new and emerging telecommunications technology, including but not limited to fiber optics, Ethernet, virtual PBX, software as a service (SAS) with a willingness to learn new skills and technologies quickly.
- Highly proactive and responsible.
- Team player.
We offer a competitive base salary and a generous commission plan as well as an outstanding benefits package including health, dental, vision, and life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, 401(k) with company match, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, paid training, and paid holidays and vacation.
If you think you’re a great fit for this position you may send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or:
Human Resources Department
41 State St, 10th Floor
Albany, NY 12207
FirstLight Fiber is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with state and federal laws, FirstLight’s equal opportunity policy is that all applicants and employees are treated equally by the company with respect to employment opportunities, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or veteran disability.