FirstLight is seeking a GIS to join our fast-growing team in the Lewiston, ME!
The GIS Specialist is responsible for management and implementation of technical GIS data into Firstlight’s GIS Platform. The GIS Specialist will be responsible for assigning and documenting fiber assignments, planning and creating splice plans, providing support to field teams and ensuring as-built data is accurately captured into the Firstlight project upon completion of each job while adhering to the Firstlight GIS standards across the entire company footprint. Working with, communicating clearly and often with various other departments within the organization is a priority.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Communicates clearly and often with other departments
- Attends weekly OSP Construction meetings to update and identify and prioritize jobs ready for the GIS portion of construction.
- Provides consistent updates on open jobs.
- Consistently provides port assignments and splice plans by Estimated Construction Completion Date (ECCD)
- Digitizes lines and elements when required in M4 Solutions to the Firstlight standards.
- Travels when required to pursue continuing education for technical and professional development and other GIS functions.
- At times will train users on new and existing GIS procedures and products.
- Identifies the need of and submits the request for Central Office augments and OSP overbuilds when needed.
- Supports the Network Operations Center (NOC) when activated as required.
- Stays current with emerging technologies for the documenting of OSP and ISP data in a GIS system
- Solid organizational and prioritization skills are essential.
- The duties of this position are subject to change at any time.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, and SKILLS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the qualifications, knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read, interpret, and follow complex maps, diagrams, and schematics. Technical aptitude and strong computer skills, with the ability to maneuver through several operating systems (Microsoft Office Suite, Visio, Mapcom-GIS). Skilled at evaluating data to make sound decisions, with the ability to organize and prioritize multiple work assignments. Must have strong work ethic, be well organized, and reliable. Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills. Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high-volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness. Ability to communicate professionally through all types of media with customers, vendors, managers, and associates, exhibiting poise, composure, and confidence when confronting high-pressure or stressful situations while maintaining a positive attitude.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or general education degree (GED). Secondary education of an Associate’s Degree or higher is preferred. Telecommunications OSP Construction and Splicing experience preferred. At least two years of GIS experience.
We offer a competitive base salary as well as an outstanding benefits package including health, dental, vision, and life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, paid training, and paid time off.
FirstLight Fiber is a fast-growing telecommunications company in Northern New England and New York, offering a robust suite of advanced telecommunications services, including dedicated Internet access, Metro Ethernet, traditional TDM solutions, IaaS & SaaS Cloud Solutions, SIP trunks, virtual PBX, and Data Center Colocation.
FirstLight Fiber is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with state and federal laws, FirstLight’s equal opportunity policy is that all applicants and employees are treated equally by the company with respect to employment opportunities, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or veteran disability.