FirstLight Fiber is seeking a technically savvy telecom professional to join our growing Network Operations Center (NOC) team in downtown Albany, working with the most advanced technology in the industry.
Network Operation Center (NOC) Engineers are responsible for monitoring the network to proactively identify network issues, providing trouble investigation and resolution, remotely assisting FirstLight customers who are experiencing service issues, and escalating problems to the appropriate engineering or field technician personnel. This position has the flexibility to offer weekend, night, and day shifts.
Qualified candidates will demonstrates experience working in a NOC environment with telecommunications test equipment and network management systems (NMS).
- CCNA or vendor equivalent certification(s); i.e. Cisco, Nortel, Cyan, etc.
- Experience working in a telecom network operations center/customer service repair environment
- Experience with test, turn-up, and/or support for one or more of the following: SONET, DWDM, DCS, IP (ELAN, VLAN, TLS, AE, etc), GPON
- Experience with one or more of the following: Cisco (switches, routers, ONS, 6732), Cyan, Ciena, Calix, Overture, Carrier Access (ADIT600, Access Navigator, Widebank28), DACS, Zyxel
- Demonstrated experience and understanding in any of the following areas:T1/T3 test and turn up, provisioning telecom equipment for lines and data, troubleshooting/repair of voice and data networks, DWDM/SONET architecture and design, OSI Model, IP, GR303, Network Monitoring systems, Linux (including enterprise software installation and maintenance), GPON, Cisco IOS, TL1
- Demonstrated knowledge of Ethernet/Internet, T1/PRI, DID, POTS, xDSL services
Desired Qualifications (one or more of the following):
- Experience with DWDM or Passive Optical Networking (PON) a strong plus
- Previous CLEC installation and service experience a strong plus
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot TDM troubles and use T1 or RFC2544 test sets a strong plus
- Familiarity with Verizon LSI GUI or other carrier portals a strong plus
- Exposure to and/or knowledge of fiber optic cable splicing and terminations a strong plus
- PBX, Key System, VoIP installation experience and certifications a plus
- Strong customer service and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read, interpret and follow complex maps, diagrams and schematics
- Strong problem solving skills, the ability to make decisions with some latitude and the ability to organize and prioritize work base on established guidelines
- Capable of working independently with minimal supervision or within a team
We offer a generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, 401(k) with company match, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and up to five weeks paid time off.
If you think you are a great fit for this position, send your resume to email@example.com or:
Human Resources Department
41 State St, 10th Floor
Albany, NY 12207
FirstLight Fiber is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with state and federal laws, FirstLight’s equal opportunity policy is that all applicants and employees are treated equally by the company with respect to employment opportunities, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or veteran disability.