FirstLight Fiber is seeking a technically savvy telecom professional to join our growing Network Operations Center (NOC) Manager in downtown Albany, working with the most advanced technology in the industry.
The Network Operations Center Manager is a problem solver and is responsible for the execution and service delivery of the company Core Network Operations Center (NOC). This role has the ultimate responsibility of assuring ticket queues and escalation requests are remediated in an efficient and timely manner, working with internal & external resources to remediate issues effectively. The NOC Manager aligns people, process and technology, as a result, is a key role that contributes heavily towards the success of the NOC.
The Network Operations Center (NOC) Manager provides direction to company technical resources to deliver excellent technical support in a timely manner. The NOC Manager has frequent contact with clients, subordinates, peers, and 3rd party vendors.
- Manages ticketing queue, monitors incidents, urgency levels and reviews aging tickets.
- Handles client escalation requests by working with internal & external resources to remediate issues effectively.
- Drives daily ticket SLA, ticket assignment, and daily operational metrics.
- Act as a technical expert, providing direction on process and operations.
- Coaches company resources to ensure compliance with organization’s command media.
- Supports critical incident triage, resolution and post mortem reviews.
- Performs call, email and ticket queue monitoring for quality assurance.
- Collaborates effectively with company management to accomplish assigned objectives and goals.
- Recommends technology strategies, policies, and procedures.
- Leads by example and exceeds requirements for policies including attendance and dress codes.
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Four or more years in Senior Administration role, NOC and or service delivery management.
- Strong customer service skills, and excellent communication skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Solid understanding of Telecom Carrier Operations experience and industry best practices.
- Possess excellent time management skills.
- Experience with mentoring staff, fostering a team environment, and establishing policies.
- Ability to train employees to enhance their performance, development, and productivity.
- Ability to create daily, weekly, monthly, and/or quarterly performance reports.
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent issues under high-pressure situations with accuracy.
- Ability to work closely with peers and operations and engineering teams.
- Ability to function in a 24/7 operational environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule on weekdays and weekends as required
We offer a generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, 401(k) with company match, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and up to five weeks paid time off.
If you think you are a great fit for this position, send your resume to email@example.com or:
Human Resources Department
41 State St, 10th Floor
Albany, NY 12207
FirstLight Fiber is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with state and federal laws, FirstLight’s equal opportunity policy is that all applicants and employees are treated equally by the company with respect to employment opportunities, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or veteran disability.