GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
The Network Engineer is responsible for provisioning new services and changes on the FirstLight network, configuring and documenting the Company’s network infrastructure to expand the network and ensure products offered meet the highest industry standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provision data circuits and premise gear for new services on the network, coordinating with field service teams during installs.
- Design network plans for delivery of new services, reviewing orders for specifications, determining what equipment is required, and coordinating with other departments to ensure it meets order and industry standard specifications.
- Assign IP addresses for customer use, premise gear management, and maintain the IP database.
- Troubleshoot voice and network issues, determining the best repair approach with the least amount of interruption to the network.
- Provides status updates to managers and applicable parties, keeping them informed of order progress.
- Act as a technical point of contact for sales engineers and implementation team, performing demonstrations of equipment as necessary.
- Enhance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to the company.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, and SKILLS:
Must have thorough understanding of voice and data platforms, with strong technical troubleshooting skills and general understanding of optical networking. Experience architecting, provisioning, and performing maintenance on switching and transport platforms. Should be familiar with Layers 1-3 of the OSI model and have experience working on Cisco platforms. Ability to communicate professionally through all types of media with associates, management, and vendors. Must have strong work ethic, be well organized, and reliable. Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness. May occasionally need to work after hour shifts during scheduled maintenance windows.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Minimum of five (5) years relevant telecommunications network engineering experience. Associates preferred but not required.Apply Now!