FirstLight is seeking an experienced and success oriented Product Manager to oversee FirstLight’s portfolio of services. FirstLight, headquartered in Albany, NY, provides fiber optic data, voice, data center, cloud and high-speed Internet services to enterprise, carrier and wholesale customers throughout the Northeast utilizing its own fiber optic network.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
In this role, the Product Manager will guide a cross functional team that is charged with ensuring that FirstLight has the complete set of services and capabilities required to drive continued revenue growth. This extends from increasing the profitability of existing services to developing new services on behalf of the Company. The Product Manager will take a product from the initial concept phase through to end of life, and help to develop new ideas based on his/her industry experience and contact with customers and prospects.
Ideal candidates possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. The ideal candidate seeks the opportunity to spend time in the market to understand customers’ and prospects’ needs and challenges, and find innovative solutions for the broader market. You must be able to communicate at all levels within the Company. You will define the ‘go-to-market’ strategy for the service, focused on product positioning, key benefits, and target customer. You will also serve as the internal and external product evangelist, working with other departments, sales channels and key customers to maximize adoption of the services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the product line life cycle and ensure product profitability for assigned products
- Act as Subject Matter Expert on FirstLight’s service capabilities, planned enhancements, positioning in the marketplace and current availability.
- Specify market requirements for current and future products by conducting market and competitive research supported by on-going visits to customers and prospects.
- Develop business cases to support new services/enhancements including costs and projected revenue for new services and enhancements.
- Develop and implement a company-wide product roadmap and ‘go-to-market’ plan for product introductions, working collaboratively with all departments to execute.
- Analyze competitive landscape and identify voids in the FirstLight service offerings which may be addressed directly by FirstLight or through potential partner relationships.
- Lead internal training sessions to inform sales team of product capabilities, service’s value proposition, target customers and key differentiators that enable the sales team to deliver projected revenue.
- Must be able to travel to customer meetings as well as attend industry/company events.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, and SKILLS:
Ideal candidates must be self-motivated with a proven track record in product management within a telecommunications service provider. Comfortable in a dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization developing solutions tailored to customers’ needs. Must possess strong presentation skills and be comfortable presenting to all levels within an organization, including C-level management. Must be able to communicate effectively in written responses to emails, RFPs, and when submitting reports. Organized, persuasive and analytical, the ideal candidate must be able to eliminate obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches. 5 years of experience as a Product Manager successfully managing a set of communications services required. A solid understanding of the competitive landscape is essential.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have strong working knowledge of the Microsoft suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Outlook.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
B.S. or B.A. preferred with technical or financial management background.
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package including health, dental, vision, and life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, 401(k) with company match, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and paid holidays and vacation.
If you think you’re a great fit for this position send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or:
Human Resources Department
41 State St, 10th Floor
Albany, NY 12207
FirstLight Fiber is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with state and federal laws, FirstLight’s equal opportunity policy is that all applicants and employees are treated equally by the company with respect to employment opportunities, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or veteran disability.