FirstLight is seeking a System Administrator to join our growing team! The System Administrator maintains, manages, and upgrades our software, hardware, and server infrastructure. Your goal will be to ensure that our technology infrastructure runs smoothly and efficiently. Initiative, technical research, and firm understanding of general computer science principals are necessary skills for this role.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Install and configure software and hardware
- Manage network servers and technology tools
- Assist with server migrations and integrations across various IT environments and data centers
- Ensure security through access controls, backups, and firewalls
- Upgrade systems with new releases and patches
- Document systems and workflow process in knowledge base
- Monitor performance and maintain systems according to requirements
- Troubleshoot server issues and outages
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, and SKILLS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the qualifications, knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Proven experience as a System Administrator, Network Administrator, or similar role. Experience with Microsoft and Linux operating systems, databases, TCP/IP networking, intrusion detection systems, data backup/recovery, ability to write scripts, i.e. Bash, Python, Perl, PowerShell, or other languages. Ability to work independently and with a team with an emphasis on accuracy and timeliness. Must possess strong technical troubleshooting skills, with the ability to identify issues and provide resolutions in a timely manner.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma and a minimum of seven (7) years relevant experience.
- Ten (10) years relevant experience and some telecom experience preferred.
We offer a competitive base salary as well as an outstanding benefits package including health, dental, vision, and life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, paid training, and paid time off.
FirstLight Fiber is a fast-growing telecommunications company in Northern New England and New York, offering a robust suite of advanced telecommunications services, including dedicated Internet access, Metro Ethernet, traditional TDM solutions, IaaS & SaaS Cloud Solutions, SIP trunks, virtual PBX, and Data Center Colocation.
FirstLight Fiber is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with state and federal laws, FirstLight’s equal opportunity policy is that all applicants and employees are treated equally by the company with respect to employment opportunities, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or veteran disability.