Modern enterprises are looking to the cloud to help transform their organization’s efficiency and improve agility. But even the best cloud deployment is only as good as the network that connects it. The best solution is one where the network connectivity is robust enough that cloud-based applications appear as though they are hosted locally and scalable to keep pace with your business needs. That’s where FirstLight can help, by providing secure, low latency connectivity to the cloud provider of your choice.
Connect Your Business Seamlessly to the Cloud via FirstLight’s Low Latency Fiber Network
Is a Private Connection to the Cloud Right for You?
- Organizations with large cloud deployments may see performance gains over a private connection and may even reduce the cost of connectivity by eliminating data transfer fees.
- Organizations with compliance or security concerns may find connecting privately to the cloud a more acceptable solution to help meet compliance requirements.
- Direct connectivity to the cloud can simplify security and allows your organization to manage the cloud as if it were simply another site within on your WAN.
Cloud Connectivity Benefits & Features
|Feature||How it Helps|
|Bandwidth options available up to 100 Gbps||Sufficient capacity to move large volumes of data to and from the cloud with bandwidth options that grow as your cloud utilization scales|
|Private Ethernet or Wavelength solutions that are physically separate from the public Internet||Security, ensuring that your data and applications traverse your private connection|
|Optional redundancy via FirstLight Internet access||FirstLight’s Internet is routed and delivered separately from Ethernet/Wavelength services, providing a true alternative option for redundancy to the cloud|
|Network solutions supporting a multi-cloud deployment||For organizations with workloads in multiple clouds, FirstLight can provide Ethernet (ELAN) access to each cloud provider|
|Industry leading SLAs for latency, jitter and packet loss||Optimize application performance by leveraging FirstLight’s ultra-low latency|
Cloud Connectivity Options
- Connect via a layer 2 Ethernet service provided by FirstLight to cloud providers like AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, IBM Cloud, and more
- Network connectivity available in Boston, MA, New York, NY, & Ashburn, VA
- Scalable options with speeds ranging from 1Mbps to 10Gbps
- Connect to the FirstLight cloud in Brunswick, ME or Romulus, NY
- AWS port costs are covered when connecting via FirstLight & Megaport*
* While port cost fees are covered, customers will still need to pay AWS the associated data transfer fees. See AWS pricing for more information.
Learn more about FirstLight’s cloud solutions