FirstLight’s Ethernet service is delivered over a fiber optic network, which we own and manage, to ensure high uptime and performance. With multiple classes of service (CoS), FirstLight’s Ethernet solutions not only support today’s voice, data and video applications, but are flexible enough to accommodate future applications as your business needs evolve.
This Layer 2 service is designed in accordance with Metro Ethernet Forum (MEF) standards to ensure a high quality and reliable Ethernet service and is available in point-to-point, point-to-multipoint and multipoint-to-multipoint configurations.
Ethernet Private Line (EPL) Service – FirstLight’s EPL service is a dedicated, point-to-point Ethernet connection. This service is ideally suited to support the demands of bandwidth intensive applications by providing reliable, scalable, point-to-point Ethernet connectivity. This service is a cost effective alternative to traditional TDM private line services and provides symmetrical, full-duplex, guaranteed bandwidth.
Ethernet Virtual Private Line (EVPL) Service – FirstLight’s EVPL service offers dedicated point-to-multipoint connectivity which allows organizations to easily and efficiently connect multiple locations. This service provides symmetrical, full-duplex, guaranteed bandwidth.
Ethernet Local Area Network (E-LAN) Service – FirstLight’s E-LAN service offers multipoint-to-multipoint connectivity which allows you to easily and seamlessly extend the LAN across the wide area to connect all of your remote offices. E-LAN is a fully meshed solution offering symmetrical, full-duplex, guaranteed bandwidth.
Ethernet Access – Allows service providers to leverage FirstLight’s fiber-based network to extend their reach to seamlessly serve customers outside of their service territory. Ethernet Access service is available as a port-based service at the UNI (Access EPL); and a VLAN-Aware service at the UNI (Access EVPL).
- Scalable: Scalable bandwidth from 5 Mbps to 100 Gbps with the ability to rapidly increase bandwidth when needed
- Secure: The connections are dedicated to your organization’s use. Your data does not traverse the public Internet
- Simplified Architecture: No differentiation between LAN and WAN simplifies the architecture and improves both network and cost efficiencies
- Performance: High capacity, dedicated bandwidth, backed by strong Service Level Agreements (SLAs) for performance, availability and restoration timeframes
- Reliable: Service is backed by 24×7×365 network monitoring from our Network Operations Center
- Standards-Based: FirstLight’s Ethernet service is designed to conform to Metro Ethernet Forum (MEF) standards to ensure interoperability
- Point-to-point, point-to-multipoint and multipoint-to-multipoint WAN topologies
- Standards-based IEEE Layer 2 Ethernet service
- Services delivered over fiber
- Supports all IP protocols, including IPv4 and IPv6
- Multiple CoS options to ensure that latency and jitter requirements are met