Modern enterprises are looking to the cloud to help transform their organization’s efficiency and improve agility. But even the best cloud deployment is only as good as the network that connects it. The best solution is one where the network connectivity is robust enough that cloud-based applications appear as though they are hosted locally and scalable to keep pace with your business needs. That’s where FirstLight can help, by providing secure, low latency connectivity to the cloud provider of your choice.
Connect Your Business Seamlessly to the Cloud via FirstLight’s Low Latency Fiber Network
Is a Private Connection to the Cloud Right for You?
- Organizations with large cloud deployments may see performance gains over a private connection and may even reduce the cost of connectivity by eliminating data transfer fees.
- Organizations with compliance or security concerns may find connecting privately to the cloud a more acceptable solution to help meet compliance requirements.
- Direct connectivity to the cloud can simplify security and allows your organization to manage the cloud as if it were simply another site within on your WAN.
Cloud Connectivity Benefits & Features
|Feature||How it Helps|
|Bandwidth options available up to 100 Gbps||Sufficient capacity to move large volumes of data to and from the cloud with bandwidth options that grow as your cloud utilization scales|
|Private Ethernet or Wavelength solutions that are physically separate from the public Internet||Security, ensuring that your data and applications traverse your private connection|
|Optional redundancy via FirstLight Internet access||FirstLight’s Internet is routed and delivered separately from Ethernet/Wavelength services, providing a true alternative option for redundancy to the cloud|
|Network solutions supporting a multi-cloud deployment||For organizations with workloads in multiple clouds, FirstLight can provide Ethernet (ELAN) access to each cloud provider|
|Industry leading SLAs for latency, jitter and packet loss||Optimize application performance by leveraging FirstLight’s ultra-low latency|
Cloud Connectivity Options
- Microsoft Azure ExpressRoute – FirstLight can provide direct Ethernet access to the Azure ExpressRoute.
- Microsoft Office365 – Talk to us about the optimal way to connect to your 0365 environment
- Amazon AWS – Talk to us about how to leverage FirstLight’s network to connect to your AWS environment
- Other Cloud Providers – With multiple public and private peering points and NNIs throughout our expansive footprint, FirstLight can help connect you to the cloud provider of your choice
- The FirstLight Cloud – FirstLight can provide direct access to our own cloud computing solutions and data centers. Some of the benefits of using both FirstLight’s network and cloud include:
- Ultra-low latency connectivity to and from your locations/users and the FirstLight cloud
- Full-service solution that places the responsibility of network and cloud performance in the hands of one provider
- Complete set of cloud solutions including IaaS, Disaster Recovery and virtual desktop, backed by an experienced team of cloud engineers and 24×7 support staff
Learn more about FirstLight’s cloud solutions