FirstLight Fiber’s Virtual PBX (“vPBX”) is a cloud-based unified communications offering that eliminates the need to purchase and maintain your own PBX system.*
Unlike most Virtual PBX systems that rely on third-party Internet connections, our vPBX service is provided exclusively via a private, dedicated Ethernet connection on FirstLight’s fiber optic network, enabling the appropriate quality of service level to ensure excellent call and voice quality without impacting your other Internet and data services.
FirstLight’s Virtual PBX also allows you to order the number of call paths or “lines” that you need separately from the number of handsets – they are not purchased on a one-for-one basis, which can run up monthly costs unnecessarily.
Virtual PBX service from FirstLight bundles unlimited local and domestic long-distance calling with feature rich functionality including:
- Auto Attendant with menus customized to specific needs such as single-digit routing or dial-by-name directory
- Call Accounting: see call lists for dialed numbers, received calls and missed calls with time, date and duration
- Call Forwarding: redirect calls to another phone number or voicemail when the line is busy, when there is no answer or unconditionally
- Call Recording
- Call Waiting
- Find Me/Follow Me: specify a list of numbers that will be alerted simultaneously or sequentially for an incoming call
- Built in ‘MeetMe’ Conference bridge
- Voice Mail: play and view voicemail messages online; voicemail-to-email
- Browser-based Personal Communications Portal: end users can access voicemail, change feature settings, configure their own handsets and more.
- Browser-based administrative interface
Our Virtual PBX works with SoundPoint IP telephones from Polycom available for purchase or lease. 24 month and 36 month lease plans include maintenance and $1.00 buyout option. Terminal adapters are also available for analog devices such as fax machines.
*Not available in all areas.