Federal Communications Commission’s Affordable Connectivity Program
The Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) is a Federal Communications Commission (FCC) program that provides a discount on monthly broadband bills for qualifying low-income households. The discount is up to $30.00 a month on broadband service and up to $75.00 a month discount if the household is on qualifying Tribal lands.
Through its ILEC, which serves residential customers based in certain areas of Maine (see list below), FirstLight will provide the discount to eligible Maine households.
Customer Support, Service, Billing and Repair for These Maine Towns:
Maine – in Albany Township (parts of), Andover, Bethel, Bryant Pond, Buckfield, Canton, Hartford, Hebron, Locke Mills, Mason Township (parts of), Minot (parts of), Newry, North Norway, North Turner, Roxbury Pond, Sumner, Turner, Upton, West Bethel, West Paris, Woodstock.
A household is eligible if one member of the household:
- Qualifies for the Lifeline program (SNAP, Medicaid, SSI, Federal Public Housing Assistance, Veterans and Survivors Pension Benefit);
- Receives benefits under the free and reduced-price school lunch program of the school breakfast program, including through the USDA Community Eligibility Provision, or did so in the 2019-2020, 2020-2021 or 2021-2022 school year;
- Received a Federal Pell grant during the current award year;
- Receives Special Supplemental Nutritional Program for Woman, Infants and Children (WIC); or
- Has an income threshold of at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty guidelines.
FirstLight customers eligible and interested in registering for the program can apply through the National Verifier at www.ACPBenefit.org. NOTE: Customers who qualify through the National Verifier must contact Customer Service at 1-833-673-9911, option #3 to inform FirstLight of eligibility. Lifeline customers do not need to apply via the National Verifier, but need only contact Customer Service to express their wish to participate.
For general information about the national program, visit www.fcc.gov/acp