Why use FirstLight’s Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS)?
- Everything You Need in One Solution – We provide the replication and automated recovery software, the cloud computing resources and the network services that your company will need to help eliminate downtime.
- Quick Data Recovery – Automated recovery that simplifies your DR plan during a downtime event means that your critical applications restore online within minutes and your IT staff isn’t burdened by complexity.
- Continuous Replication Without the Sacrifice – By replicating changes to your environment in real time, you’ll have an aggressive recovery point objective (RPO) of just seconds. Better yet, using unique technology powered by Zerto™, your production environment will not be negatively impacted by snapshots or other methods of replication common with other solutions.
- Simple, Budget-Friendly Pricing – There’s no longer a good excuse to go without a good DR plan. DR with FirstLight is simple, affordable and scalable.
- Simple – Disaster recovery doesn’t need to be complex. Installation and management of FirstLight’s DR solution is remarkably easy.
- Secure – FirstLight takes security seriously and is HIPAA, SOC 2 Type II, and PCI compliant. Furthermore, FirstLight manages its cloud from a former NATO Command and Control Center with dual authentication, redundant power and redundant fiber connectivity.
- Scalable – Not sure what your needs will be in a year? Protect your environment today and let the FirstLight cloud scale with you.
- Service-focused – Our team is there for you 24/7 but you remain in control of your environment and your DR plan.
- Verified – Know for certain that your DR plan will work. Testing is free and simple.
- Connected – FirstLight operates its own fiber optic network, which spans 9,600 route miles
- Zerto software allows you to protect VMWare or Hyper-V environments
- Flexibility to protect your most critical applications or groups of VMs as you see fit
- Cloud computing resources mirror your production environment to ensure adequate levels of CPU, RAM and Storage (with appropriate IOPS levels).
- Onboarding and project management provided at no additional cost
- Self-service failover / testing, with 24/7 from an experienced and supportive team if you need it
- Replicate through the Internet or through a private Ethernet connection
- 1 Gbps Internet included for the cloud DR site to ensure adequate bandwidth during a failover
- Additional network options up to 100 Gbps available
- Monthly pricing plans
Compare Disaster Recovery from FirstLight with Do-It-Yourself or Public Cloud Options:
|Recovery Point Objective||Varies||Varies||Seconds|
|Recovery Time Objective||Varies||Varies||< 15 min|
|Support / project management during implementation||No||No||Yes|
|Award-winning replication software||Varies||Varies||Yes|
|Robust cloud infrastructure||No||Varies||Yes|
|Easy failback to production side||Varies||Varies||Yes|
|Journaling (point-in-time recovery)||Varies||Varies||Yes|
|1Gbps internet (in the cloud)||No||No||Yes|
|Reduced complexity / burden for IT staff||No||No||Yes|
|Zero impact on production systems||Varies||Varies||Yes|