Dark fiber is optical fiber infrastructure that is currently in place but unused or unlit. It is an ideal solution for organizations that have high capacity bandwidth needs and the in-house expertise to manage it.
Why Dark Fiber?
- Dark fiber supports companies whose bandwidth needs are growing rapidly and have the in-house resources and expertise to manage a dark fiber network.
- When bandwidth upgrades are needed, companies can change out interfaces without the need to coordinate with a service provider or fret the term liability on a leased circuit.
FirstLight’s Dark Fiber Solution offers:
- Secure, scalable, fully dedicated private physical network infrastructure
- Flexibility – adheres to changing bandwidth needs to grow network capacity
- Cost savings and predictability; predictable monthly costs, low incremental costs per bit
- Customizable – Implement the network that best meets your organization’s needs
- Strong Service Level Agreements (SLAs) for performance, availability and restoration timeframes