Open Source Software Support
FirstLight is a leader in monitoring tools and many of these software tools are available for free under open source licenses to end-users. The problem with these tools is support. When there’s a problem, who can we turn to?
Where do we go for help? FirstLight has long term experience with open source software support using: Nagios, Cacti, Check_MK, RRDtool, op5, NagVis, MRTG, NSClient, ntop, smoke ping, etc (just to name a few). We pride ourselves in servicing our customers needs with quick response times, great pricing and thinking out of the box with best practices recommendations.
Software Support Services
- Custom service levels and support options to meet your needs.
- Able to provide 24×7 phone and ticket support if needed.
- Support for multiple software releases within your environment.
- Consulting services available at a discounted rate for bug fixes, enhancements, plugins, etc.
- Onsite and remote training for your staff and NOC.
- Install and configure the software to your specification and industry best practices.
- Maintain your current environment for you (month to month). See our EPO service for more information.
- Upgrade your software environment to the most recent stable version.
- Migrate your software environment to a new server (keeping your current configuration and historical data).
- Plugin support and creation.
Buy Douglas’ Book on Amazon…
Essential SNMP Book written by Douglas Mauro – SVP, Monitoring Services
Written for network and system administrators, the book introduces the basics of SNMP and then offers a technical background on how to use it effectively. Essential Snmp explores both commercial and open source packages.